Friday, December 29, 2006

My Nicknames

My parents seem to call me everything but my given name. This started in utero when they took to calling me Nicky. They promise me that someday they will refer to me more often as Nick or Nicholas. But just to keep you up to speed, here is a list of my other monikers.

  1. Gizmo: My Grandpa H.'s nickname for me so my grandma didn't find out I was a boy when I was in my mommy's tummy
  2. Piggy Smalls: A shout-out to Biggie Smalls, my eating ability, and my size
  3. Fathead: because of my big head
  4. Houdini: because I always wrestle my way out of being swaddled
  5. Burrito Nicky: I look like a burrito when I'm swaddled
  6. Snorter: I snort when I'm upset
  7. Emo: I am very emotional
  8. Drama King: I tend to go emo. very quickly
  9. Baby Bird: I open my mouth and bob my head like a baby bird when I'm hungry
  10. Penguin: affectionately pronounced "Pengin", because I make penguin noises and flap my arms around
  11. Pterodactyl baby: Mom stole this from our friend Phil Melton, she thinks, because I make squeaking noses like a dinosaur
  12. Squeaker: I squeak a lot
  13. Rockstar Nicky: given to me in the hospital because of my spiky dark hair with cool blond highlights
  14. Nicky Bobby: in honor of the Talladega Nights movie character Ricky Bobby
  15. Little Nicky: the original inspiration for calling me Nicky, the Adam Sandler movie "Little Nicky" about the son of the devil. They thought it was funny because I was originally due on Halloween. They also love Adam Sandler movies.

No comments: