Friday, June 08, 2007

My first trip to ND!

Me and the rents just got back from my first trip to North Dakota earlier this week. It was a great time!! We were gone for a week and a half, and let me tell ya, we were busy! There were many days of driving. Not my favorite, but I survived by sleeping. Lots. Mommy and Daddy said I'm a good traveler. Despite my many snoozes on the road, I still slept pretty normally at night, too. What I enjoyed best about the trip was all the people I met! I love people! It was great to meet all the friends and relatives my parents have been talking about. I enjoyed smiling at and playing with them all. I was held almost continuously - what a dream! The only problem was that I resisted taking my naps because I didn't want to miss any of the action:) Both sets of grandparents also threatened to keep me, of course!

We heard many different opinions as to who I look like or take after on the trip. Many people said I looked like: my Uncle Dusty, a Laub baby, a Welsch baby, my cousin Jordan Ottmar, my mommy, my cousin Keith Deibert, my daddy, my Great Grandma Ardis and probably a few more that Mommy can't remember. Anyway, its clear that I am a good combination of both of my parents, just as my parents had believed. One of these days Mommy is going to get together some pictures to illustrate some of these comparisons.

Here is a run-down of my meet-and-greets: my uncle Dusty and his friend Josh, my Great Aunt Arlene Brewer, my Grandma and Grandpa Laub, my Great Aunt Beverly Koller, my Great Aunt Mary and Great Uncle David Zentner, my cousin Tyla Wilson and her two daughters Kaydence and Savannah, my Great Aunt Arlene and Great Uncle Floyd Frieze, my cousins Holly and Jeremy Ottmar and thier kids Jordan and Jazlyn, my Godmother Tiffanni Wax and her husband Scott, my dad's former landlord Bernie Swang, my Grandma and Grandpa Huizenga, my Great Grandma Ardis Huizenga, my Great Grandma Eva and Great Grandpa John Deibert, my Aunt Becky Huizenga, my Great Aunt Virg and Great Uncle Dale Deibert, my Great Aunt Theresa Deibert, my Great Aunt Bonnie Iverson, my Great Aunt Barb and Great Uncle Rod Fossen and my cousin Paula, my dad's former piano teacher from childhood Hurdis Johnson, my Grandma Sharon's co-workers up at Glenburn School, my mom's friends from college Jessica Gunderson Ruhl and Amber Hoovestal (Mom and Dad attended Jessica's wedding during our trip), my cousin Toni Miller and her daughter Baylee, my cousin Loretta Frank. Mommy says there were so many more people we just didn't get a chance to see due to our cramped schedule. Thanks to everyone who made the great effort to come see us - we really appreciated it. Hope to see you all again really soon!!

No comments: