Friday, June 29, 2007

My Adventures in Lawrence

Hi guys! Long time, no type, right? Sorry, me and my parents have been busy. For example, last week Wednesday and Thursday Mom and I went to Lawrence Kansas where Mom and Dad used to live and work for awhile. Its only 45 minutes away from KC. Anyway, Mommy was invited to participate in a research meeting for a research grant she used to work on as a Graduate Research Assistant a few years ago. It involved a supper on Wednesday evening and an all-day meeting on Thursday. So, we drove down to Lawrence Wednesday and stayed overnight with our friends the Rack-Meltons. Mommy actually met Jennifer when they worked together at that same job at the Beach Center on Disability at KU.

Jennifer's husband, Phil, volunteered to babysit me along with his 3 kids while Jennifer and Mommy went to the events. Mommy was very thankful but wondered if Phil knew what he was in for. Phil said it was fine since he had to watch his 3 kids anyway, what was one more. Overall, things went pretty well. Mommy was only gone a few hours Wednesday evening. I enjoyed playing with Spencer who is not quite 4, Xavier who is 2.5, and Cordelia who is only 5 days younger than me! I also loved playing with their big doggy, Ranger, who is a Great Dane. I kept trying to french kiss him (you think it would be the other way around, right?). Cordelia and I did get upset right before Mommy and Jennifer came home because Xavier was mad that Spencer woke him up and that set us babies off. We got some crying in but not for long.

Thursday morning Mommy and Jennifer had to be at the meeting for breakfast at 7am sharp. Like my usual self, I wanted to be held by Phil most of the time while Mommy was gone. What can I say, I'm a lap baby for sure. By 11:30am, Mommy and Jennifer both were quite uncomfortable from not feeding us babies in over 4 hours, so Phil brought us to the meeting over lunch so we could get our lunch! That's good because I was continuing to be stubborn and refused to take a bottle again and did not eat much of my babyfood. The afternoon went well until the power went out at the house and the two toddlers started to rebel with no lights, tv, etc. So, Mommy and Jennifer bugged out of the meeting a little bit early to come save him from us. All in all, Mommy thought things turned out well. She says she owes Phil big time. It was just a bit stressful for the both of us since it was the longest we'd been apart and it was just a new situation. I didn't poop the whole time we were away from home! But, I got my normal rhythms back once we got home. I hope we go back to visit soon, although I prefer Mommy to stick around next time.

No comments: