Friday, June 29, 2007

Feeding the Monster

I have been eating solid foods for a month and a half now. So far, I have enjoyed most of them, although breast milk is still my favorite (can you blame me?). The only thing that hasn't worked at all is bananas. I puked up the ones I had at my Grandma and Grandpa Laub's house. It was not pretty. I puked 5 times in all. Yucky. Mommy says we'll wait a few months before we try those again! Also, barley cereal is really hard for to digest yet so we backed off on that, too. Below is a list of the foods I've had so far. I am continuing to try single ingredient foods to make sure they all agree with me. Once I have a number of them under my belt, Mommy will mix a few together for me. She has put some of the fruits in my baby cereal already, and I have moved up from soupy smooth purees to slightly chunky food now. So far, applesauce, sweet potatoes, and cherries are my favorites. Mommy is making most of my food from scratch since she has the time and means. Since she like cooking, she has enjoyed cooking for me.

Nicky's Food Diary:

Cereals- rice cereal, oatmeal, barley cereal (shelved for now)

Veggies - carrots, avocado (actually a fruit), sweet potatoes, peas (next up: squash and green beans)

Fruits- bananas (yucky), apples, apricots, bing cherries, watermelon (next up: peaches, pears, and melon)

Me eating my spoon filled with sweet potatoes

Enjoying some cherries

No comments: