Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did. I got fly for the third time! We went out to San Diego, CA to my uncle Daren's place. It was so much fun! Uncle Daren is silly and tried to teach me how to run really fast. He also gave me many rides around on his shoulders. His girlfriend, Anna, is my new best friend. She is so nice. She snuggled me and played with me lots. I liked exploring Uncle Daren's new condo. He has steps so I climbed those a bunch. I'd rather skip the coming down on my own part, though. Climbing up the stairs = fun; climbing down the stairs = a waste of my time. I also got to hang out with my Grandma and Grandpa Laub and they were fun as always. They even babysat me one evening which went fine. I fell asleep on Grandpa's chest. We got visit my mom's friend Kim from grad school who also lives in San Diego. I liked playing with her sons Max and Miles. Uncle Daren also showed us the beach and ocean and the Wild Animal Park. We saw lots of animals there, but I think the gorillas were my favorite. I got to pet some of the animals, too. Cool! It was an awesome trip. I enjoyed my Thanksgiving dinner including the turkey, sweet potatoes (my old favorite), and pumpkin pie (a new favorite). I think I am most thankful for my family since they are a bunch of really nice people. Wish I could see everyone more often. The only downside to the whole trip was on the way back home. I got a fever on the plane, but it didn't really bother me too much. I slept during both flights which was a relief to Mommy and Daddy. So, I've been sick with a head cold for the last 2 weeks. Yucky. But its finally going away. Mommy wonders if it was one cold or 2 in a row. I sure was a snotty bugger for a while. It made it really hard for me to breathe at night when I was sleeping. Mommy says that's what she gets for taking me on a plane twice in the matter of a month. Yucky airplane air plus new germs as well as all the excitement and energy wipe-out that comes with vacations means I was susceptible to getting something. Maybe I should be thankful for my health as well. Happy Thanksgiving - hope you are as blessed as I am!



No comments: