Friday, August 10, 2007

A new trick!

Today I learned a new trick. Mom and I went to Subway for lunch. There was a big long line so I watched the cool ceiling fans while we waited. I wish we had some of those at home! They sure are interesting. Anyway, as we waited, a man eating his lunch took a shining to me and started waving at me and smiling. I smiled back. Then it was our turn in line. Later, while we were eating, the same man was exiting the shop and he smiled at me and waved again as he was leaving. This time I waved back! It was the first time I've waved. Mama thought it was so cool.

After Subway, we took a drive to Lawrence again. We stopped to see Mama's friend and former internship supervisor, Tracy, on the KU campus. It was my first time meeting her. She was nice. And I waved goodbye to her, too, as we were leaving her office. This waving thing sure is fun.



Next we stopped to play with the Rack-Meltons. I got to see my girlfriend, Cordelia, again. We played in the playpen together so their big ole dog Ranger wouldn't love on us too much. He loves babies, me included. And I love him, too. Puppy dogs are my favorite. I also love the doggy at the playgroup I go to every Tuesday morning, but I digress.






Anyway, after that we met up with one of Mama's friends, Sarah, and her son Aiden. Mama hadn't seen Sarah since internship and we hadn't met her (almost) 4 month old son yet. He sure is a big boy already. And he already has a tooth! I'm not too jealous, though. We had fun checking each other out, and Mommy and Sarah got to catch up.

It was a pretty good Friday. Hope the weekend is just as good.

No comments: